INSTA LATELY + 10 THINGS MAKING ME SMILE THIS WEEK [SURPRISE GIVEAWAY TOO]
BODYSUIT | OVERALLS | SNEAKS | SUNNIES
I CANNOT believe it is already August. I mean, WHAT. And guess what else that means? Asher will be one year old in less than 2 weeks. It blows my mind to think back to a year ago. I was hot, pregnant, scared, excited, and curious. At that time, Ryan and I did not know whether we were having a boy or girl, and I had begun nesting to an extent. But it was a very disorganized nesting. Before you have kids (or try anything new for that matter), you don’t know what you don’t know. You can read guide after guide after guide, but you don’t really know what you need and don’t need. At this point, my crib had not arrived, and I scratched my entire nursery design. And I started over. WHOA. But I am SO happy at how it turned out. You can see pictures (and read the longest post ever) of ASHER’S ABODE HERE. Now onto my Instagram Roundup…
Today, I am launching my Insta Lately series, as well as 10 things that are bringing a smile to my face. Scroll alllllll the way to the end to enter to win a $1350 gift card to Nordstrom to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale before it ends on August 7th.
WHAT’S AN INSTAGRAM ROUNDUP?
This is where I showcase my favorite outfit posts from the previous month. BUT instead of focusing on just one month, I am going to recap June AND July. There was some crazy stuff going on with LiketoKnow.It back in June, and many of you said my links and such did not work. Some of this stuff may be sold out, BUT I will link what I can. Better than nothing, right? If you have been following my blog for the past 2 years (wowzers), then you all know somehow the simplest fashion post turns into some long long life lesson or diatribe. So, did you expect anything else out of this post? BUT it got me thinking. Life is beyond stressful for me right now. I am not trying to throw a pity party, but sometimes it just helps to talk it out. Therapeutic I guess. And instead of focusing on the negative, I want to focus on the things that are making me smile right now.
So, you are getting an INSTA-roundup AND 10 things I am loving this week. I urge you to do the same. Life is hard y’all. We work harder for less money, stress and worry about our kids, fight with our spouses, don’t see our friends enough, and just deal with life. So, let’s all think of 10 things that make us smile. I would love to hear yours, so please leave it in the comments.
Oh, PS, I know I owe y’all a Nordstrom post. I will work on that tonight! Just pretend I posted it LAST Thursday. REMINDER, the sale ends on August 7th, with prices going up August 8th. TONS of stuff has been restocked, so head to my SAVE vs SPLURGE post and my HOT PICKS post to shop.
Now onto my 10 things:
- Asher head banging just so I would get him out of bed last night. I was up late working, and around 12:30, I hear Asher SCREAMING. Well, apparently, he was head banging like crazy and hit his lip on the crib. So, of course I pick him up out of bed, and he is FINE. Bloody lip, yes. But completely fine otherwise. So, I did the one thing I never said I would do: I took him into our bed for some cuddle time. After about an hour, “squirmy” had to go back to bed, and I had to get back to work. BUT I loved having my little cuddle monster with me for that hour.
- Ryan being the best dad ever. I have been working non-stop, 7 days a week, all hours of the night. This does make me sad, because I haven’t been able to spend much time with Asher. But Ryan has been cooking all of our meals, taking Asher to the park. cleaning the house, trying to console me during my breakdowns, and just being amazing after putting in super long days at the office. We are so hashtag blessed to have him!!
- Asher giving high fives and clapping. Y’all, I can’t even. When Asher is excited or likes something, he just starts clapping out of nowhere. It is hilarious. Yesterday at Bottega, he was flirting majorly with the waitress, per usual. Then out of the blue, he started clapping. Ha! I guess this is his way of saying he loves something. Another cute thing he is doing right now is giving high fives. Just say, “high five, Asher!” and he will give you back to back high fives!
- The great deals I scored at the NSale. I have to admit, I am the worst sale shopper. I am way too indecisive and never have a plan. Well, not this year. I scored some awesome stuff that I actually NEEDED (and stuff I wanted too). I saved a ton of money! I took some horrible pictures today, BUT I will get them up on the blog tomorrow night, so you can shop the last few days of the sale.
- Asher eating grapefruit. Just the cutest. it’s so sour, so of course he makes the funniest face. But he LOVES it.
- Bottega Saturdays with my boys. If you follow me on SNAPCHAT (lifelutzurious), you will get a glimpse into our weekends. This is my favorite part of my week. Ryan and I always start with a cocktail and avocado toast for the 3 of us. After the toast, Asher either gets Octopus Romesco or grilled chicken with olive oil smashed potatoes. My staple is the Bottega Bowl, and Ryan mixes his up each week. A glass of wine and double expresso later, we are STUFFED. They always seat us right by the window, so we feel like we are sitting outside without the heat.
- Planning Asher’s birthday party. One of my passions has always been party planning. When it’s your son’s FIRST birthday, that adds a whole ‘nother dimension. I have been super indecisive, but I finally nailed everything down Sunday morning around 4am. When I do my best work. I can’t wait for you all to see it! It is going to be super cute, and it inspired me to add another element to my blog.
- My Insta hitting 10k. YOU GUYS!!!!! Ahhhhhh! My goal was to hit 10K by August, and we did it! Just in time. I can’t thank you enough for all the support. Next goal: 15K! If you know someone that loves fashion, cute pictures of Asher, and a lot of food shots, please tell them to follow Life Lutzurious on Insta. AND if they do this, they will enter to win a $1350 gift card to Nordstrom [see the end of the post]!
- Asher taking off his diaper. Just randomly. After nap time in his crib. While playing with his toys. Out at restaurants…JUST KIDDING. I mean buddy, if you want to go ahead and start potty training, that is fine.by.me.
- Asher attacking me with kisses. This may be my favorite thing in the entire world right now. I have told you about it before, but Asher will grab my head, pull me in close, and give me kiss after kiss after kiss…open mouth of course. I mean MELT!
You can click each picture below to SHOP. You can also visit my INSTA SHOP whenever you want to be able to shop everything I post on Instagram directly from the blog. If you are not following me [or even if you are!]…scroll down and ENTER THE GIVEAWAY for a $1350 Nordstrom gift card. The #NSALE ends on August 7th, so this will give you some extra $$$ to shop the sale one last time. If you want to receive stoppable emails right from Insta, check out my HOW TO post HERE.
SOME OF MY FAVS
I mean, this came jacket is ev-er-y-th-ing. And it is only $70. And these shoes? They speak for themselves
This dress from the #NSALE is BACK IN STOCK and is ONLY $35!!!! Y’all, I have already worn it 3 times, and it came in last week. Get. it. girl.
DRESS | BRACELET | LAGOS BRACELET
I wore this dress last year at our baby shower and received SO many compliments. It was sold out for the longest, but now it is on sale for $165 in plenty of sizes!
I am beyond obsessed with this top! You guys sold it out once, but it has been restocked. Go get it!!! And these jeans though!
These overalls are THE CUTEST THINGS EVER. And they are only $100. This Topshop bodysuit is a MUST HAVE as well.
BODYSUIT | OVERALLS | SNEAKS | SUNNIES