STYLE FROM HEAD TO TESLA: HOW WE CHOSE OUR DREAM CAR
SHOP THE POST
Happy Monday guys! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I am sure a lot of you are off work today (#jeal), but unfortunately, I am not. So, if you are in the same boat as me, I hope your day is filled with lot’s of coffee! Today, show you how to buy your dream car and tell you why we chose Tesla for our growing family.
A TESLA? AS A FAMILY CAR?!?
I know what you are thinking. A Tesla aka a sports car!?! For a new baby? What in the world. Well, hear me out. When we found out I was pregnant, our vehicle situation looked like this: I had a company car, which was an Audi A3 (nice car, yes…but TINY). Ryan owned a 2004 Acura that he purchased right after college. Again, nice car, but it was starting to cause problems and cost us money. Thanks but no thanks. Ryan had already been looking at an A7. He LOVED those cars. When we found out we were expecting, I was like “NO. It ain’t happening, I want an SUV.” Well, the problem? Ryan is not an SUV person.
Ok, so fast forward about 7 months. I was fortunate enough to collaborate with The Summit and Tesla (you can read my post HERE) to introduce the brand to the city of Birmingham. Part of the collaboration was a test drive. SCORE. Keep in mind, I was 7 months pregnant, so I was all into baby at that point. Nursery shopping, car seat decisions, trying to stay comfortable in the middle of the summer while starting to get huge. Yeah, I was in the throes of it. At first glance, I LOVED this car. It was spacious, sleek, modern, environmentally-friendly, super tech (like me!), and most importantly, EXTREMELY safe. Once I got in the driver’s seat, I was sold. But how in the world was I going to sell this to Ryan?
THE TEST DRIVE
That weekend, I drove him up the Summit, and said, please just give it a chance. Just test drive it. The salesman and I had a bet about how long it would take Ryan to smile once he put his foot on the accelerator. It took all of about 3.4 seconds, which is exactly how quickly the car can get to 60mph. That day, we picked out our Tesla, the car that we would trust to take our newborn home in, the car that we would take our family down to the beach, the car that we would grow to love.
HOW TO BUY YOUR DREAM CAR
- Decide on your 5 must haves. What are THE most important features? Safety? Reliability? Technology?
- Set your budget and stick to it.
- Make sure you and your partner are on the same page.
- Work with a salesperson you trust.
- Drive the car. Sounds obvious, I know, BUT with internet car shopping growing by the minute, I urge you to test drive.
WHY WE CHOSE TESLA
- Safety: Did you know that the Tesla received the highest safety rating of any car EVER tested? Yep, pretty cool, right? From their website: “Independent testing by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has awarded the Tesla Model S a 5-star safety rating (actually, a 5.4), not just overall, but in every subcategory without exception. Approximately one percent of all cars tested by the federal government achieve 5 stars across the board. Model S is designed from the ground up to be the safest car on the road. Much of its safety is owed to the unique electric drivetrain that sits beneath the car’s aluminum occupant cell in its own subframe. This unique positioning lowers the car’s center of gravity, which improves handling and minimizes rollover risk, and replaces the heavy engine block with impact absorbing boron steel rails.”
- Environment: All Tesla vehicles are 100% electric. Not hybrid, requiring ZERO gas. That’s right. We charge our car each night when we go to bed. When traveling, we strategically plan our trips around where we can charge the car. But it’s not only environmentally friendly on the outside, it is also environmentally friendly on the inside, keeping breathing air clear of pollutants. “Bio-Weapon Defense Mode
Model S now features a Medical grade HEPA air filtration system, which removes at least 99.97% of particulate exhaust pollution and effectively all allergens, bacteria and other contaminants from cabin air. The bioweapon defense mode creates positive pressure inside the cabin to protect occupants.”
- Performance: 0-60 in as little as 2.5 seconds, y’all. AND it has the coolest auto-pilot feature. Yes, the car drives AND PARKS itself. The”Model S is designed from the ground up to be the safest, most exhilarating sedan on the road. With unparalleled performance delivered through Tesla’s unique, all-electric powertrain, Model S accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in as little as 2.5 seconds. Model S comes with Autopilot capabilities designed to make your highway driving not only safer, but stress free.” In order to ensure your vehicle performs at it’s best, the car is constantly updating through the computer system (just like your iPhone). Each time there is an update or a new feature, your individual vehicle is updated. When they added the autopilot feature, we woke up to a car that could run on auto-pilot. it’s like you are driving a new car each time it updates!
- Style: I will let the car do the talking, but what I love is it’s minimalist design, sleek exterior, and beautiful details. It’s stylish, modern, and extremely spacious. Because there is no engine, there is both rear and front trunk storage. You can comfortably fit multiple car seats, whether a newborn, rear facing, or front facing. Ryan, Asher, and I traveled to the beach for an entire week with plenty of space for everything an infant could possibly need. And all my clothes of course. Stylish, roomy, and comfortable.
- Technology: First of all, I am a huge tech-y. Whether it’s TVs, cars, computers, iPhones, etc, I always want the latest gadget. To me, the Tesla surpassed all my technological expectations. “The Model S 17 inch touchscreen controls most of the car’s functions. Opening the all glass panoramic roof, customizing the automatic climate control, and changing the radio station all happen with a swipe or a touch. The touchscreen, digital instrument cluster, and steering wheel controls seamlessly integrate media, navigation, communications, cabin controls and vehicle data.”
HOW CAN I DRIVE A TESLA?
Well, you are in luck. Tesla is hitting the road, traveling across the US with their mobile Design Studio in tow, literally. They will be at The Summit in Birmingham from January 18th-22nd. You can test drive the Model S and even design your own car in one of their airstream trailers pulled by a Model X. To get more information or find out when the mobile Design Studio will be in your area, please visit Tesla Explores.
MY OUTFIT DETAILS
SHOP THE POST
Don’t you guys LOVE this shirt? And the best part…it’s only $45!! I am OBSESSED with all things Topshop right now. Priced so reasonably and oh so stylish. My jeans are a little DIY action. I took some gray skinny jeans and cut off the hem to create an on-trend frayed hem. My FAV parts of this look are my new Stella bag and my new Gucci belt. These were both Christmas gifts from the hubs. SWOON.
SHIRT // Topshop sheer, star top (only $45)
JEANS // gray skinny jeans
SHOES // budget friendly oxblood velvet pumps
NECKLACE // thick velvet choker
SUNGLASSES // illesteva cat eye
LIPSTICK // maestro lip stain