2020 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE PREP
It feels weird that July has almost come and gone, yet we haven’t heard a whisper about the 2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Typically this thing blows up social media, and it is all you hear influencers
yammering on about for the entire month. So, the reason that you have not heard much about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale yet this year is that they actually pushed the dates back this year due to the pandemic. #thanksCorona #again
This will be the 3rd year I’ve shopped the sale, but I try and be really conscientious of how I cover it, trying not to completely overwhelm you. I never want to encourage you to buy just for the sake of buying and strive to find the best deals on the brands and pieces that I truly love. It’s never my goal to convince you that you just HAVE to have some random sweater that I would never wear.
Today, I am sharing the best strategies to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, including all the pro tips, my top purchases from 2019, and past posts to reference. Also, make sure you read through to the end to enter an AMAZING GIVEAWAY to get you ready to shop the sale!
2020 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE: THE DETAILS
People love the #NSALE, because the Nordstrom features BRAND NEW fall merchandise that will be 20-40% off regular prices. This year, everyone will be able to preview the sale early. The preview day is slotted for July 24th. Additionally, please reference the chart below to see when you can access the 2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. These dates are based on your Nordy Club status level.
Not sure what your status is? Find out here!
All Nordstrom cardholders get six days of early shopping. Additionally, depending on your status level, you may be able to access the sale even earlier. The sale will open to the public (non-cardholders) on August 19th, and the sale runs through August 30th.
2020 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE: DO I NEED A CARD TO SHOP?
I am 100% NOT going to push you into getting a credit card, if you don’t need one. The only thing I will do is explain the benefits of owning a card in relationship to the sale.
The two main benefits of getting a card are the early access and the personal points days. As a cardholder, you accrue points via purchases made at Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack throughout the year. Once you reach certain point levels, Nordstrom will grant you rewards certificates to use as gift certificates on purchases.
Additionally, as a cardmember, you can select a shopping day to be considered a personal double points day. This means you will earn twice the points on your purchases than you normally would. The higher your Nordy Club status, the more personal double points days you have to use throughout the year.
If you are interested in gaining early #NSALE access, click here to apply for the Nordstrom credit card.
2020 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE: PRO TIPS
- Download the Nordstrom app. So, during the sale preview, you can save all the items you are interested in purchasing onto your wishlist. Also, make a list on the LIKEtoKNOW.It app to make shopping super easy.
- Plan Ahead. Shop as soon as the sale opens to you. You check your status here. Also, Don’t forget to Double Your Rewards. Cardmembers, use a Personal Double Points Day to earn 2X the points on any day you choose.
- Make a list and check it twice. Trust me, I know how easy it can be to fall into the trap of a good deal. However, I encourage you to focus on staple pieces that are missing from your wardrobe that you need to replace. Create your list, add in a few “treat yoself” items, and stick to it. If you need two solid pairs of winter booties, don’t spend all your money on shirts you don’t need. Shop smart!
- Buy Now Wear Later: While it might seem early to start shopping for fall merchandise – trust me, it’s worth it! As a reminder, Nordstrom offers FREE SHIPPING and FREE RETURNS. If you are unsure of your size, purchase multiple sizes to avoid the item selling out.
- Follow me on Instagram and the LTK App. You can expect collages and shopping guides here on the blog, try-ons via IG and IG Stories, and exclusive content in the LTK app.
- Research. Here is a round-up of some of my posts from Nordstrom Sale’s past:
2020 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE: 2019 BEST SELLERS
Jackets and skirts reigned supreme in 2019. You guys loveloveloved the leopard skirt (linked similar and here), my brown suede jacket, this black faux leather moto (currently 40% off), and of course, the plaid blazer (similar 40% off). in 2019, I really focused on creating a fun capsule wardrobe that included pieces that could be mixed and matched all season long!
BLACK FAUX LEATHER MOTO (another amazing option HERE) // WHITE TEE // LEOPARD MIDI SKIRT (linked similar)
PLAID BLAZER // BLACK BODYSUIT (linked similar) // SUEDE SKIRT (linked similar) // PAPERBAG PANTS (similar)
SUEDE JACKET // WHITE TEE // LEOPARD SKIRT
2020 NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE GIVEAWAY!
I have teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win:
one of two $500 Nordstrom Gift Cards to shop the Anniversary sale!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You’ll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada only and runs until 8/2. Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
Void where prohibited. By entering the giveaway you acknowledge that you are agreeing to complete each task, which involves following, liking and subscribing to newsletter’s.