30-Minute Weeknight Recipe
Let’s be real, during the week when we’re busy with work, home things, kids, chores, and the list goes on and on… an easy weeknight recipe is an ideal situation! I know how much you ladies like when I share the quick and easy recipes I make for my family so moving forward, I’ll be sharing more recipes on the blog. I thought what better way to kick that off than by sharing one of my favorite 30-minute weeknight recipes??
I love making these Asian Chicken Lettuce Cups because they are SO easy (and I mean easy), healthy, filling, and something the whole fam will enjoy. Plus, they’re the best leftovers! But one of my favorite parts of this recipe is the peanut sauce that you drizzle on the top. It is so delish and simple to make, you only need a few ingredients. I know you came here for the recipe so let’s get right into it!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Cups
- 1 tbsp creamy unsweetened peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice (taste as you add)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3-4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (white meat of a whole chicken)
- 1 small red bell pepper and 1 small yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 4 green onions halved lengthwise then sliced thinly (green and white)
- 1 large head of iceberg or romaine hearts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup loosely chopped roasted peanuts (or almond slivers)
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut or almond butter, hot sauce, lime juice, coconut aminos, and fish sauce. Whisk until smooth.
- Saute the whites of the green onion (save the green part) with bell peppers, a pinch of salt, a splash of coconut aminos, and some olive oil until tender
- On a platter or individual plates, arrange the lettuce leaves then fill the cups with the chicken, sauteed bell peppers, and green onion mixture, then top with the chopped peanuts.
- Drizzle with the peanut sauce, add a squeeze of lime, and sprinkle the cilantro and green onion (green part) on top.
Save this recipe card for later!
Since we’re chatting all things cooking, I thought I would share my kitchen essentials with you! These are my GO-TO kitchen items that I literally could not cook without. Investing in high-quality kitchen items has changed the game for me and has made cooking so much more enjoyable and easy.
Click the item you’re interested in for a direct link!