Shrimp and Veggie Pasta Recipe
I know how much you ladies like when I share easy, weeknight recipes, so I thought it was time for a new one! I made this shrimp and veggie pasta the other night and not only was it so quick, but it was delish!! Healthy, fresh, and a cozy weeknight meal that is great for fall. Keep reading for the full recipe and let me know what kind of recipes you want to see next!
SHRIMP + VEGGIE PASTA
- cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2lbs royal red shrimp
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium zucchini (or cucumber), cut into ¼-inch chunks
- 1½ cups fresh corn kernels, approx 2 ears corn
- 2-3 small sweet peppers (or 1 large bell pepper)
- 12 oz fusilli (or similar shape) pasta (I love Jovial gluten-free fusilli)
- 1-2 cups broccoli
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence (see note)
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed Aleppo pepper flakes
- ½ cup tightly packed basil leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- pecorino romano (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Combine broccoli, cucumber or zucchini, sweet peppers, shallots, garlic, olive oil, and salt on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Toss the vegetables until evenly coated. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer and roast for 10-15 min max. Remove the pan from the oven and add the corn and tomatoes. Toss and spread into an even layer. Roast for 3-5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water until al dente and sauté shrimp in butter for 2-3 minutes in a large ceramic pot or Dutch oven. Drain pasta. Then, add the pasta and roasted vegetables (with juices) to the shrimp and butter. Sprinkle with herbes de Provence, Aleppo pepper, basil, and pine nuts. Toss, then taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve with pecorino Romano (optional) and fresh basil.
- NOTE: toast pine nuts in a dry skillet for about 1-2 minutes… do NOT burn!