LINDSEY’S SUMMER GAZPACHO
How hot is it where you are? Right now, all I want are cold crisp salads, raw veggies, and cold soups. And bourbon sours and Mai Tais…but I digress. As soon as July rolls around, I head to the farmer’s market to grab all the heirloom tomatoes I can find to make my famous Paleo Gazpacho that’s also Whole30 approved.
What else do you need? Cucumbers, onion, jalapeño, garlic, and bell or sweet peppers. Throw in a little seasoning and citrus, and you are all set. All the veggies in this DELISH soup are locally grown and seasonal. This cold, tangy Summer gazpacho will have you slappin’ yo mama it’s so good. And the hubs and kiddos will all agree. It’s easy, quick, and freezes very well.
WHAT EXACTLY IS SUMMER GAZPACHO?
Well, I am glad you asked. Per Mr. Google, “it is a a Spanish-style soup made from tomatoes and other vegetables and spices, served cold.” Most versions of this soup incorporate bread. But not this one. Nope. Nada. No carbs. Well, not really, but no gluten that’s fo sho. This particular gazpacho recipe is Paleo-friendly, Whole30 approved, and clean eating approved.
WHAT TOOLS DO I NEED TO COOK THIS DELICIOUS PALEO GAZPACHO?
We typically use our Vitamix to blend everything together, which cuts down on the time drastically. You literally don’t need to chop a damn thing. We have been using this food scale nonstop, which helps perfectly measure out your tomatoes. We recently purchased these All-Clad measuring cups, and they are change-your-life-amazing. Lastly, (because I know you guys will ask), our everyday china is the New Wave series by Villeroy and Bach. The soup bowl and coffee mug are actually on sale.
ADD SOME PROTEIN TO UP YOUR SUMMER GAZPACHO GAME
Serve with a piece of fish and succotash for the perfect summer meal. Another option? Add crap meat, shrimp, and/or avocado to provide protein and fat. Here’s another GREAT thing about this dish: It is perfect for parties. Serve in glass shot classes with a steamed shrimp, and your guests will be begging for more. TRUST ME. So, with out further adieu, here is the dish you will be coming back to all summer long: Lindsey’s Summer Gazpacho. Oh, and don’t forget the Cava, which unfortunately, is not Whole30 approved ha.
GIMME THE RECIPE ALREADY
- 3lbs tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1-2 small red onions, quartered
- 1 large bell pepper or 2-3 small ones, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 large cucumber or 2-3 small ones, cut in thirds
- 1 jalepeno sliced down the center, with seeds removed (unless you want it spicy!)
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/8 cup EVOO (We LOVE the olive oil from Bottega)
- 1-2 tbs of sherry vinegar (start with 1 and keep adding)
- juice of 1/2-1 lemon freshly squeezed
- salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste
- Basil, cilantro, or parsley as garnish
- Blend tomatoes until smooth
- Add the rest of the veggies, blend until smooth
- Slowly add EVOO, sherry vinegar, and lemon juice to taste then blend once more.
- Add salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste, blending as you add.
- Add fresh herbs as garnish.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours if possible.
- Serve cold with cucumber or seafood topping.
I have teamed up with an amazing group of bloggers to give YOU a chance to win:
one of two $500 Nordstrom Gift Cards to shop the Anniversary sale!
Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You’ll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open to the U.S. and Canada only and runs until 8/2. Winner will be announced here. Good Luck!
Void where prohibited. By entering the giveaway you acknowledge that you are agreeing to complete each task, which involves following, liking and subscribing to newsletter’s.