COCKTAIL OF THE WEEK: BOURBON SOUR
HAPPY FRIDAY, fam! WHEW what a week. How is everyone doing? Are you living your best quarantine life, are you ready to run away and never come back? My mental state tends to change by the hour, but one thing I am looking forward to is my
nightly weekly Bourbon Sour. I mean why wait, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere, amirite?
For our second Cocktail of the Week installment, I thought it would be fun to showcase my ALL TIME FAVORITE: the BOURBON SOUR. This is MY DRINK, yall. And Ryan honestly has this one down pat. It’s easy, fresh, and healthy-ish, and I promise you won’t be able to have one. PSA, this recipe makes a double…BOOM.
BOURBON SOUR RECIPE
- 3 parts good bourbon
- 1 part Cointreau
- 1 egg white per drink
- 1 part fresh squeezed orange juice (optional)
- 1/2 part fresh squeezed lemon juice
- maple syrup to taste (add a little at a time)
- shake, strain, and pour over a single large ice cube
- finish with a few drops of Angostura orange bitters
Check back here (and on Instagram) every single Friday to catch my ride or die cocktails. Each week, our cocktail of the week will feature different types of liquor and even some special guests!