ASHER-MAN | 3 MONTHS
Wow, I cannot believe how fast the past 13 weeks have FLOWN by! Asher turned 3 MONTHS OLD on Saturday. When you are pregnant, people are constantly telling you, “having a child is literally the best thing in the world.” I always appreciated that statement and understood its meaning but never in a million years did I ever imagine it could be this AMAZING!! Asher has brought us SO much joy, love, and laughter…it truly is unimaginable how awesome it is to be his mom. Obviously, Ryan and I don’t have anything to compare him to, since this is our first child. But to us, he is just a super-chill, funny, loving lil dude. He really only cries when he is starving and/or exhausted. Oh, and getting in the carseat. He makes the most hilarious, ADORABLE faces and loves chilling with us nonstop. For example, he has this super cool highchair (shoutout to my sales team for giving us this awesome gift) that acts as a little newborn seat until he is ready to use it as a high chair. Anyways, at dinnertime, we sit him in his little pod, and he just laughs and coos and stares at us the whole time. He seriously fits into our lives perfectly. So, what has Asher been up to? Enjoy the pictures then scroll down for a glimpse into his life!
BEANIE Calypso St. Barths | TOP Michael Lauren (sold out similar HERE) | ASHER’S DIAPER Honest (Skull print)
JAMMIES Baby Gap (on sale)
TOP Huxbaby | PANTS Huxbaby | MOCCS Freshly Picked
ELVIS COSTUME Amazon
TOP Huxbaby | HIGH CHAIR Bloom Baby Fresco
ROMPER Rags to Raches | CRIB SHEET Spoonflower Fabric
ONESIE Huxbaby | BLANKET NUNUNU | STAR PILLOWS Colette Bream |
STUFFED ANIMAL Lucky Boy Sunday
PLAYSUIT NUNUNU | BIB The Paisley Pea | HIGH CHAIR Bloom Baby
DIAPER BAG Prada | SWEATER Beau Hudson | ROMPER Huxbaby | SUNNIES Krewe | MOCCS Freshly Picked | BLANKET Spearmint Baby | RATTLE Babee & Me
- Momma’s Milk. Y’all, I know all babies love milk. But I am pretty sure Asher is addicted. When he wants milk, the whole world must stop to get him his milk. Not really, but that is one of 2 times he actually cries aka has a meltdown. When he is truly hungry, he acts like a little gremlin. It is the cutest, most hilarious thing in the world. Thank goodness we have him on a schedule or it would be chaos. And thank goodness he doesn’t have teeth! When 3 hours hits, he is ready to eat. He has been exclusively breastfed since day 1 (we have attempted to give him formula twice…the 2nd time he wanted nothing to do with it), and I am hoping to keep going as long as I can. Yes, it definitely has its challenges, but that is our time together. It has created such a bond between us. For example, one of my favorite things in the world is to have my back scratched. When Asher was about 1 week old, he started scratching my back while he ate. It is the SWEETEST thing in the whole world. He’s such a little prince. I start traveling in January for work, so it is definitely going to be much more challenging. However, I am really passionate about continuing to nurse him. I will take ANY and ALL tips for being a traveling mom. Ryan has been so so supportive of this (frustrating at times, I am sure), and I could not have done it without him!
- Cuddling. Ok, so maybe this more like my fav, but he really loves it too! Prior to Asher (I feel like that is going to be a common phrase moving forward), I ALWAYS said I would not bring my baby into my bed. Well, there is NOTHING better than the Saturday morning family cuddle zone. Every Saturday, Ryan runs into Asher’s room to see if he is awake (yes, he sleeps through the night!), and brings him into our room for cuddle time. In that moment, there is literally nowhere else I would rather be.
- Saturdays with Mom and Dad. Like I mentioned before, Saturday’s start with family cuddle time. Then, we go about our day, and Asher-man goes everywhere we go. We stroll him around the market in his fancy little stroller, take him to breakfast at Alabama Biscuit Company, go to Whole Foods, and watch football. He is so alert and attentive and really seems to take it all in. We have a blast with him!
- Staring. We have SO many adorable toys for Asher, but he loves the simplest things. I am sure most babies are like that at his age, but he loves ANYTHING circular, the artwork in our bedroom, the round recessed lights, the ceiling fan, and staring at our faces.
- Laughing. There is NOTHING better in this world than seeing that boy smile. With his dark hair, dark eyes, and serious face, his smile literally lights up the room. Right now, he can smile on command and laughs in response to things we do. SO SO cool!! You can be having the worst day ever, but when he laughs, all is well in the world.
- Black + White Everything. So, I am sure you have noticed, but everything Asher wears is monochrome. Well, there are 2 reasons for this. 1) It is adorable. We didn’t find out the sex of the baby until he was born, so when I was shopping for him, I was always searching for gender neutral clothes. Black and white became a common trend for me, so we stuck with it. 2) It is GREAT for babies’ development. Asher has always loved his black and white toys the most. He seems to respond really well and loves staring at the neutral colors.
- His nursery. Asher absolutely loves being in his room. We have a precious activity gym set up, a daybed with all of his stuffed animals, and lot’s of black and white. Not only is the nursery adorable, but it really has a sense of calm about it. He and I LOVE playing in there.
- Dance parties with Mom. During our morning playtime, I will crank up the music in his nursery, and we just dance and dance and dance. This is one of the many highlights of my day with my Mini.
- Tummy Time. Shockingly enough, he really loves tummy time for the most part. He only likes it in short increments though.
- PJ Masks. He loves this little TV show. We put it on for about 15-30 minutes when we are getting dressed and such.
- Going out to dinner with Mom and Dad. He does such an awesome job when he is out to dinner with us! I have heard this changes around 6 months to a year. People have told us that one day, you are able to take your baby to dinner. Then, one day you wake up, and that ain’t happening anymore.
- The ladies. When he is around girl babies, he is SO sweet. Ladies man for sure.
- The carseat. Y’all I can’t even. It is meltdown central everytime we put him in there. We are figuring out that it may have more to do with being strapped in than the actual carseat, but for now, he ain’t having it! UPDATE: Today he did really well when I put him in the carseat. Fingers crossed this lasts.
- Missing out. I know this sounds crazy at his age, but he HATES to miss out. Unfortunately, this is a trait he got from me. But if mom and dad are doing something, he wants to be involved. When I pick him up from school, he gets so sad to leave his teachers and friends.
- The hiccups. He gets them every. single. day. Poor guy has been getting them at the same time everyday since I was 6 months pregnant with him.
- Nose Frieda. If you don’t know what this is, Google it. He HATES HATES HATES it. But it’s part of our morning routine and helps him breathe much easier, so he has to deal with it. I make sure to give him lot’s of kisses when it’s over!
- Bathtime. UGH I really wish he liked taking baths. But he doesn’t. Meltdown central.
- Naps. Again, he doesn’t want to miss out. However, when the boy is tired, he can sleep like there is no tomorrow.
- Smiling and Laughing. He smiled for the first time around 4 weeks and then again at 5 weeks, when he met his little girlfriend Anne-Ryan. Ladies man I tell ya. Now he is so smiley and giggly, especially when we smile at him.
- Rolling Over. Oddly enough, he started rolling over around 2 weeks. I honestly don’t think he realized what he was doing, but he would roll from tummy to back and back to tummy. He doesn’t do it as much anymore.
- Crawling like a mermaid. I hate to laugh at my child, but this is pretty hilarious. We will do tummy time, and he starts crawling across the floor with his arms, dragging his legs behind him. Like a mermaid.
- Sitting Up (sorta). He obviously can’t get to the sitting position by himself but once he is there, he can hold it for 30 seconds at the longest. Then he falls over. We practice a lot, and he is getting really close! He is getting stronger everyday and holds his head up really well.
- Sleeps through the night. I am tempted not to type this in an effort to avoid jinxing it! He slept thorough the night for the first time around 7 weeks and has been consistently sleeping all night since about 9 weeks. We had a little regression last week, due to a growth spurt. But he’s back on track. 9pm is very late but we have figured out this is his favorite bedtime. He then sleeps til 7. We can’t complain AT ALL.
- Facial recognition. This is one of the coolest things ever. He started recognizing faces around 8 weeks. It’s so cool to see him acknowledge different people in his life.
- Mini-Fluffs. Ryan and I call each other fluffy for whatever reason. So now, he is “Mini-Fluffs.”
- Mini. This is my fav nickname for him. Ryan calls him “Mini,” because he thinks he is his mini-me. Whatevs. I cal him Mini, because it’s cute.
- Junior. Ryan always called the baby in my tummy “Junior,” so clearly this has continued on to Asher.
- My Main Man
- Lil Buddy
- Angel Baby
I feel like the kid won’t even know his name is Asher! What nicknames do you have for your kids?
The past 3 months have been such a whirlwind…and I have loved every minute. Sure, there have been some tough times. Luckily, I don’t really remember weeks 3 and 4 when it was especially brutal. But it has all been worth it. He has changed our lives forever, and I can’t imagine life without him. Like I said above, Asher is SUCH a joy to be around…his personality is contagious. He is just the coolest little kid. I honestly feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be his mom!
Over the past few months, I have learned SO much and continue to learn something new everyday. I have researched the hell out of everything from newborn tummy problems to the Nose Frieda. I have a lot of knowledge I would like to share for those of you that aren’t big researchers, but I am having trouble organizing my thoughts. I also want to keep Life Lutzurious primarily a fashion blog, but I am totally open to adding in some “hip-mom” stuff too! What would you guys like to read about? I would love to hear your suggestions. If you look at the top of the homepage, I have changed the names of my categories. All the baby, parenting, and Asher stuff will be under the tab MINI. Please shoot me an email or leave me a comment about what you guys would like to read about! Oh, and PS…we have not been to the doctor since he was 2 months old. But according to my scale at home, he weighs almost 14lbs. I have no clue how long he is, because I feel like he has grown tremendously in the last 2 weeks. When I attempt to measure him, it looks like 25 inches? That seems long for his age though. He was just getting into 3-6 mo clothes a couple of weeks ago and can now wear some of his 6-12 month old clothes. Slow down buddy! I will update you guys again on Asher next month. In the meantime, stay tuned for some awesome fashion posts!
Don’t worry, I have linked up some of Asher’s FAV outfits. Some of his favorite brands are Huxbaby, Beau Hudson, Nununu, Rags to Raches, Indikidual, Freshly Picked, and Baby Gap (jammies). And he is a brand rep for the most precious boutique called I Love Kool!
Thanks for following our journey! Don’t forget to follow Asher on Instagram![do_widget id=text-31]