35 THINGS ABOUT ME
35 THINGS ABOUT ME
SHOP THE POST
In honor of the 7th anniversary of my 29th birthday, I am bringing you 35 things you may or may not know about me (and probably wish you didn’t).
35 THINGS ABOUT ME
- My full name is Mary Lindsey Lutz, which means I go by my middle name. And yes, it is as annoying as you would imagine it to be. My maiden name is Hayes, which I dropped…and gave to my son.
- Speaking of, Asher will be 2 next month and is my absolute everything. He is my WHY. Asher Hayes Lutz aka Main Man, Asher-man, Foodie Baby, Mini, Best Frand, Prince, Mini Fluffs, French Baby, Prince-face, Brat-face, Toddler-face, Minster…he basically has more nicknames than Mohamed Ali.
- I refuse to cut his hair, which aggravates so many people. “Your daughter is so beautiful” is a daily compliment he receives. Locks of Love will really appreciate my tenacity one day.
- My other absolute everything is my hubs, Ryan. He and Asher are best friends, even though I am giving him a run for his money for the title of Asher’s “best friend” here lately. He legit is our rock. Ryan works his ass off to provide for our family, cooks all our meals, cleans the house, puts up with my craziness, and loves us both unconditionally. Not having him home for the past 6 weeks has opened my eyes so much. My level of appreciation for him has skyrocketed. He is our hero!
- Ok, wow tears. Get it together, Lindz! Back to the regularly scheduled program. I am a regional sales manager for Depuy Synthes. I motivate and inspire 11 uber talented sales consultants across 7 states. My 10 year anniversary is July 27th! #wintheday
- So yes, I basically have 2 jobs. Regional Sales Manager by day, blogger by night! #teamnosleep over here. And side note here. HUGE SHOUT OUT to the ARMY of people that help keep my life in order and help take care of Asher. We would be NOTHING without each and everyone of them. We are beyond thankful and truly hashtag blessed to be able to follow our dreams and have so many people love and care for our Asher-man.
- Ok, my name is Lindsey, and I am a workaholic.
- Which causes me to be a wine-aholic. And a bourbon-aholic. Ahem, I mean connoisseur. Cheers!
- I am one of the biggest college football fans you will ever meet. And probably knew more about football at age 10 than most grown men.
- I graduated from Ole Miss with a degree in Marketing. Don’t ask me about our football team right now. It is a sensitive subject! 2 things about Ole Miss: we have NEVER lost a party, and we redshirt Miss Americas. HOTTY TODDY, always.
- Speaking of parties, I definitely like to have a good time. I’ve never met a happy hour I didn’t love. And we have thrown some kick ass parties at our house aka Club Lutzi.
- Speaking of our house, it is SUPER MODERN. Like Jetsons modern.
- One of my best friends dubbed my personal style as “bold, textured, detailed, edgy, and modern.” Honestly, the outfit featured in this post is the epitome of my style.
- I guess you should add expensive too. I am trying to be a better budget shopper. It’s not going so well. BUT, the top I am wearing is ONLY $45!! Pretty proud of myself RN.
- My favorite combo to style is edgy + girly. And my signature color is SEQUIN. Or pink. Or black and gray.
- One bad quality of mine…I am very indecisive. Like, I can’t even decide what my signature color is. Or what I should type next.
- Growing up, my mom literally had to take me to school in jammies, because I would sit in my closet for hours looking for something to wear. I still do that today, which is why I am perpetually late.
- I swear there are snipers in the street that cause me to trip, but my husband just says I am clumsy.
- Which I probably agree with him, because I am such a people pleaser. Do you guys like my post? Are you sure it’s ok?
- On a positive note, I really will do anything for anyone. It’s hard for me to say no, but I love helping others.
- I CRAVE Chick-fil-A french fries all the time. So, I will go buy a large fry, eat 2 fries, then give the rest to a homeless person. I always wonder if he or she loves the fries as much as I do!
- I am also a chip monster. Set a bowl of chips in front of me, and I literally can’t stop won’t stop.
- Throw in some salsa or guac…and game over.
- Oh, and I am a ranch connoisseur (PTL for Tessemae’s Creamy Ranch).
- Besides all of that, I really do eat super healthy. Let’s call it 85% paleo. Gluten and dairy make me feel like shit, so this is the logical choice. Alcohol doesn’t count of course. Or chocolate desserts.
- I live and die for cold crisps aka salads. In fact, I would legit die for one right now.
- I am a closet hippe. Seriously, if I could have a farm and grow all my own veggies, raise chickens to lay farm fresh eggs, and raise goats to make our soap, that would be a dream.
- I despise drinking water.
- But I drink pickle juice on the reg.
- Has anyone noticed that most of these revolve around eating and drinking? Self proclaimed foodie I tell ya. Seriously though, Ryan and I LOVE to travel, eat, and drink. Our fav spots are Italy, France, Spain, Napa/Sonoma (we go every year!), and St. Barths. So many places to see, so little time!
- I love rap music.
- I really have loved my thirties. But am a little anxious about 36.
- I am both left-brained and right-brained. My creative side definitely dominates, but I can be super type-A.
- I am SUPER competitive. And my goal in life is to beat my hubs in the gym all day, err’day. He’s super athletic. So I really only beat him consistently when I am pregnant. Which sounds weird, but for whatever reason I have super human strength with a baby in me.
- I LOVE YOU GUYS! Seriously, each and every one of you make this dream a reality. Sure, it is hard work. And there are times I want to throw in the towel, but y’all make it worth it. Your words of encouragement, thoughtful compliments, amazing ADVICE, suggestions, LOYALTY, and hilarious comments keep me going. I really do try to keep it real with you guys, and I hope my authenticity shines through. If you want to wear sequins to brunch, then by all means, rock those sequins to brunch. Meaning, BE YOURSELF. There is only ONE YOU, and you were born to SHINE (or sparkle, of course)! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!
gray mixed media sweatshirt with tulle detail // cropped frayed black denim // Golden Goose glitter high top sneakers (OMG check out this pair of $99 glitter sneakers)// Gucci embroidered shoulder bag // Gucci leader belt with tiger buckle // Karen Walker cat eye sunglasses // my signature red lipstick
STYLE LINK UP
I am HONORED to be guest hosting with my girls Larissa from Living in Color and Jacqueline from Stylin’ in St. Louis for their weekly style challenge. It’s a great way to meet other girls and get styling for a specific trend! This week, we are all styling our favorite neutrals (which you know I love)!
HOW TO LINK-UP:
1. We kindly ask that you follow the two hosts: Larissa from Living in Color on Bloglovin’, Jacqueline from Stylin’ In St. Louis via Bloglovin’, and of course, ME: Lindsey at Life Lutzurious. (The first 3 links in the link-up.)
2. Please link back to Larissa and Jacqueline’s blog on the post you linked to, stating that you joined in on the fun over at Spotlight Weekly.
3. Enjoy reading other blogs and make new blogger friends!